Kids get braces for several reasons. Misaligned teeth can lead to problems like:
- Tooth crowding
- Speech impediments
- Trouble chewing
The initial misalignment sometimes results from genetics or developmental factors, such as mouth breathing, poor oral hygiene or nutrition, and prolonged pacifier use or thumb sucking.
Braces are the most common way to fix these orthodontic issues in children. This treatment option straightens your child’s teeth to improve their bite and overall mouth health, prevent tooth crowding and bone erosion, and create a more confident smile.
Does My Child Need Braces?
Whether kids need braces depends on a few factors. At Mary Kay Becher Orthodontics, we recommend bringing your child in for an initial orthodontic visit around age 7. At this consultation, we’ll examine your child’s smile so we can create a custom treatment plan for the future.
A visit at this age also gives us the opportunity to catch potential issues early on and address them quickly. When we’re able to diagnose bite issues, early mouth injuries or other conditions at a young age when the jaw is still developing, your options for minimally invasive treatment are greater.
Bring your child to Mary Kay Becher Orthodontics for a consultation if you notice the following:
- Protruding teeth
- Difficulty speaking or speech impediments
- Excessive thumb or finger sucking or pacifier use
- Mouth breathing
- Overbites, underbites or crossbites
Our Available Children’s Braces
At Mary Kay Becher Orthodontics, we offer pediatric orthodontic care to ensure your children have happier, healthier smiles. Our two-phase treatment for children who need braces includes the following:
- Phase One: The first phase includes interceptive treatment that offers the corrective work necessary before we can begin regular orthodontic care. After an evaluation, we’ll work to treat bite or jaw issues, excessive crowding, and teeth misalignment caused by tongue thrusting or thumb sucking.
- Phase Two: This phase involves aesthetic treatment with braces to straighten your child’s teeth. The goal is to create a beautiful, healthy smile that will last for years to come.
Trust Mary Kay Becher Orthodontics With Your Child’s Smile
If you’re looking for individualized care and unmatched service, make Mary Kay Becher Orthodontics your first choice for kids’ braces in Austin, Texas. Our team is here to offer support and expertise as we create a customized treatment plan that gives you and your children happier, healthier smiles.
Get Kids’ Braces in Austin Today
At Mary Kay Becher Orthodontics, we’re committed to providing the highest-quality services and friendliest care to everyone who walks through our doors, including children in need of pediatric orthodontics. New patients receive a complimentary exam during their first visit!
To discuss your options or make an appointment, contact us online or call us at 512-337-1423 today.