Dr. Mary Kay Becher graduated from St. Mary’s University with a degree in Biology. Graduating in the top ten percent of her class, she obtained her Doctor of Dental Surgery from Baylor College of Dentistry in 1997. During her tenure at Baylor, she received several distinctive honors including:
- The Award for Outstanding Leadership and Academic Excellence from the American Association of Women Dentists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Baylor Odontological Honor Society.
Post-Baylor, she chose to attend the University of Connecticut Health Science Center to pursue a certificate in Advanced Education in General Dentistry, which she was awarded in 1998. Staying on the East Coast to be close to family, she completed a 3-year orthodontic residency in New York at Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, achieving her Certificate in Orthodontics in 2001.
Some interesting tidbits about Dr. Becher:
- She has two boys, Ryan and Ian.
- She was her school mascot at Llano High School (The Yellow Jackets – and yes, it involved a funny costume).
- She played basketball for one year at St. Mary’s University.
- Her favorite food is Thai.
- Her favorite ice cream is Cherry Garcia.
- She loves the mountains.
- If she could have any superpower, it would be the ability to freeze time.
- St. Mary’s University – Biology
- Baylor College of Dentistry – Doctor of Dental Surgery
- University of Connecticut Health Science Center – Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Certificate in Orthodontics