Whether you’re 17 or 77, it’s never too late to achieve the smile of your dreams. At Becher & Gil Orthodontics, we offer a variety of adult braces to meet our patient’s lifestyles and needs. Our adult braces will help you improve your smile for greater happiness, confidence and self-esteem in your personal and professional life.
Do adults need braces?
While many people believe that braces and clear aligners are only for teens and children, adults can benefit from these orthodontic devices as well. Braces enhance the appearance of your smile while improving your overall oral health to prevent issues such as gum disease or tooth decay. The many benefits of receiving an orthodontic device as an adult include:
- Improved cleaning: If you have crooked or overlapping teeth, it may be hard to clean your teeth of plaque and debris. Braces straighten your teeth to make them easier to brush and floss for a brighter smile.
- Faster digestion: Gaps between your teeth can make it difficult or painful to chew your food. Orthodontic treatment helps eliminate excessive space between your teeth, allowing you to chew food up into smaller pieces for easier digestion.
- Smoother speech: Improper teeth alignment can affect how your tongue moves against your teeth as you pronounce words. Straightening your teeth can eliminate speech issues, such as a lisp or whistling when you speak.
Our braces for adult teeth
While all orthodontic devices apply gentle pressure to the teeth to slowly move them into a new position, how they accomplish this movement varies between devices. Unlike orthodontic treatments of the past, today’s braces and clear aligners are lightweight and comfortable to allow you to improve your smile discreetly. At Becher & Gil Orthodontics, we know that every patient and smile is unique and offer three treatment options to meet our patient’s needs:
- Traditional metal braces: When most people think of braces, they picture the metal wires and brackets of traditional metal braces. Today’s metal braces feature small brackets with a thin archwire to effectively improve your smile.
- Ceramic: Adult ceramic braces function similarly to traditional braces — but the brackets are a tooth-colored ceramic. Many patients prefer ceramic braces as they blend in with surrounding teeth for an aesthetically pleasing straightening option.
- Clear aligners: Instead of wires and brackets, clear plastic aligner trays are used to straighten teeth. Patients can remove these invisible braces to eat, drink and floss for a convenient and discreet straightening option.