At Becher & Gil Orthodontics, we focus on the process and the results. We offer many services so you can find a treatment you’ll love. With self-ligating braces, you’ll enjoy a happier and healthier smile in almost half the time it takes for other methods.
Self-ligating braces use “sliding” brackets to adjust your teeth. Unlike traditional braces, self-ligating brackets are not attached to archwires. Instead, the brackets, or “clips,” use special technology to move by themselves. This treatment also doesn’t require elastics or wire tightening. Patients can enjoy fast and comfortable treatment when they choose self-ligating braces.
Are you a good fit for self-ligating braces?
Self-ligating braces allow patients to straighten their teeth with effective and discreet technology. The brackets create a subtle shift in your mouth as your teeth align over time. These braces are specially designed to reduce the discomfort that many patients feel with traditional braces.
Still not sure if you’re a good fit? Here are a few benefits of self-ligating braces:
- Reduced treatment time: While the length of your treatment will depend on your unique needs, self-ligating braces often work faster than traditional braces. Since the brackets slide by themselves, you’ll likely have fewer appointments, too.
- Easier to clean: The lack of elastic ties makes it easier for patients to brush and floss their teeth twice a day. When patients clean their teeth well throughout treatment, it’s less likely for plaque to build up behind brackets.
- More comfortable: The self-ligating brackets’ sliding technology can reduce the feeling of pressure or friction on your teeth.
- No need for tightening: Since the brackets are independent of the archwires, we won’t tighten your braces as we do with traditional treatments. Many patients prefer this process.
Individual self-ligating braces treatment plans
At Becher & Gil Orthodontics, we’ll help you find the best treatment for your needs. As with any orthodontic treatment, our approach will be unique to your smile. For most patients interested in self-ligating braces, here’s how we’ll proceed:
- Consultation: We’ll ask questions and take X-rays of your teeth and bite to determine your unique alignment needs.
- Braces fitting: You can choose from clear or traditional metal brackets, depending on your visibility preferences.
- Regular check-ins: We’ll discuss any updates, or concerns or answer questions at each appointment.
- Removal and retainer fitting: Once your braces are off, wearing a retainer becomes an essential part of your aftercare routine.
Cost of self-ligating braces
We treat every patient with personalized and premier care. Your needs as a patient determine your treatment, so the cost will vary per person. If you’re considering self-ligating braces, we recommend you speak with our team at your consultation for a cost estimate.
Schedule your appointment with our orthodontists today!
Patients come to Becher & Gil Orthodontics so they can improve their teeth alignment and enjoy better oral health. Using our individualized approach, we’ll help you achieve these goals and feel proud of your smile. You can start your journey with self-ligating braces when you schedule an appointment at our Austin office.